Rebekha D'Stephano of Manchester, England, told the Manchester Evening News earlier this month that her 10-year-old daughter, Deejay Jemmett, suffered chemical burns to her hands after making "unicorn slime".
Quinn's daughter, Kathleen, is recovering from burns on her hands that her mother says were caused by borax, an ingredient in numerous popular recipes for do-it-yourself slime.
At the hospital, Kathleen was diagnosed with second and third-degree burns.
Doctors say that Kathleen's injuries came from extended exposure to borax one, a chemical used in homemade slime.
Kathleen's hands were covered in blisters, her mother says.
The Quinns had encouraged their daughter to make the slime seeing it as a welcome distraction to social media and other technology that pre-teens are typically consumed with, WCVB reported.
Ford recalls 440K vehicles for fire risk, door latch trouble
That can lead to a crack in the cylinder head, which could lead to a pressurized oil leak and that could result in an engine fire. Driving a auto that is on fire or that has doors popping open is impressive, but not recommended.
"Borax is boric acid, so you wouldn't want to use someone using acid to make slime at home", Dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman told Inside Edition. And when they were gone, I bought more.
"I feel awful", Siobhan told the news outlet. She was being a little scientist...(Now), I feel bad. While she was at sleep-over, she noticed her hands were in pain.
An 11-year-old MA girl suffered blistering burns to her hands after making "slime" at her home last week, prompting many to wonder if the popular homemade gooey concoction is safe for children.
"This time I just think her hands had had enough, " Siobhan said. But her parents hope others share their daughter's story as a warning to beware of homemade slime, and be extra cautious when using Borax.
Since most ingredients in the slime - like baking soda, laundry detergent or Borax - could cause irritation to the eyes, be sure to wash your hands after handling the stretchy toy.
"We decided to make this recipe because slime is such a huge trend right now, " Buzzfeed senior producer Erin Phraner said on TODAY. "We made [the slime] a million times, too, and nothing else happened".