British counter-terrorism officials have hit out at their USA counterparts for apparently leaking intelligence to the American media in connection with the Manchester attack inquiry.
The officials suggested trust had been "breached" and the investigation had been "undermined".
The bomber's name, Salman Abedi, was also leaked to the USA media against the wishes of the British authorities.
A British official, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said Manchester police would stop sharing information about their bombing investigation until they received a guarantee there would be no more leaks to the news media. The leaks have prompted speculation that United Kingdom intelligence officials may seek to dial back the tight cooperation they have traditionally enjoyed with their closest ally. The images were taken in the Arndale shopping mall in Manchester city centre around 8pm last Friday, three days before the bombing.
The Manchester attack - the deadliest on British soil in more than a decade - prompted the government to raise the terror threat for the first time in 10 years.
2 children believed to have been shot by mother die
A mother who is accused of shooting two of her children told police that she did it to save them from the "evils of the world". When police arrived, both Khmorra and Kaiden were found outside the front of the home and Helton was walking around nude.
Mark Rowley, Britain's top counterterrorism police officer, said authorities have dismantled a "large part" of the network around bomber Salman Abedi. Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to confront President Donald Trump about these leaks when the two meet at the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit in Brussels today. Police said Thursday that a woman arrested in Blackley had been released without charge.
"So it is irritating if it gets released from other sources and I have been very clear with our friends that that should not happen again".
May, who returned early from the G-7 summit in Sicily, said major progress has been made in the investigation into Monday's bomb attack in Manchester, which killed 22 people, but that people should remain vigilant.
Yesterday evening a 44-year-old man was arrested in the Rusholme area of the city.
His brother Hashem and father Ramadan have both been arrested in Tripoli - despite his dad claiming the family is "innocent".